Thursday, February 28, 2008

extreme sisters

because my sister has failed, as yet, to kill me, she has vowed to take me skydiving. she bought me a plane ticket to go to to florida for her birthday, so that she could torture me away from the prying eyes of our parents and my husband.

should i survive the parachuting, she has also lined up the following backup plans: throw me off a cliff (rock climbing), drag me behind a horse (riding), feed me to either sharks (surfing) or alligators (canoeing), blunt force trauma (wallyball and/or paintball), and as a last-ditch effort, drowning (backyard hot tub).

all of this in 4 1/2 days. if any single activity fails to do the job, i'm sure simple exhaustion will finally do me in. no doubt i will sleep on the flight there--i may not get another chance until the flight home.

although our mother has nixed the skydiving (based on the argument that my children are too young to lose me, although i am free to attempt it when they are in their teens), i am giving the greenlight to all the other activities on the agenda.

when i said i was done spectating, i was serious.

now if you'll pardon me, i need to call my insurance agent...